MBIA says New York block on payment does not spell insolvency
NEW YORK Jan 17 (Reuters) - Bond insurer MBIA said on Thursday that New York's decision to prevent it from making an interest payment on a series of notes does not mean it cannot meet its financial obligations.
The decision "does not reflect MBIA Insurance's current solvency or ability to pay claims to policyholders," a lawyer for the insurer wrote in a letter to a New York state judge.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics