VTB Capital launches participatory notes for Saudi investors
MOSCOW Jan 17 (Reuters) - VTB Capital, the investment unit of Russia's No.2 lender VTB, said on Thursday it has issued dollar-denominated participatory notes for investors in the Saudi Arabian equity market, signaling the bank's expansion strategy in the region.
The notes allow international investors more direct access to the Saudi shares by bypassing sponsoring banks, VTB Capital said in a statement.
"The business development in the MENA region is a strategic part of VTB Capital's international expansion," Alexei Yakovitsky said in a statement. (Reporting by Lidia Kelly; Editing by Elaine Hardcastle)
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections