Algeria confirms "operation" at Sahara gas plant - Britain
LONDON Jan 17 (Reuters) - Algeria has told Britain that an operation is in progress at a gas plant in the Sahara where al Qaeda-linked militants have kidnapped dozens of hostages, a spokesman for the British Foreign Office said in London.
"The Algerian authorities have confirmed that there is an ongoing operation," the spokesman said. He had no comment on reports of casualties.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Australia foreign minister downplays China air defense zone tension in visit