Algeria confirms "operation" at Sahara gas plant - Britain
LONDON Jan 17 (Reuters) - Algeria has told Britain that an operation is in progress at a gas plant in the Sahara where al Qaeda-linked militants have kidnapped dozens of hostages, a spokesman for the British Foreign Office said in London.
"The Algerian authorities have confirmed that there is an ongoing operation," the spokesman said. He had no comment on reports of casualties.
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal |
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach