US flies drone over Algeria gas plant
WASHINGTON Jan 17 (Reuters) - The United States sent a drone aircraft for surveillance over the Algerian gas plant where Algerian forces launched an operation to free hostages on Thursday, a U.S. official told Reuters, speaking on condition of anonymity.
The official did not provide further details, including on the timing or duration of the drone mission.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source