STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil beef producers join BofA's top picks
Brazilian meatpackers Minerva SA and Marfrig Alimentos SA are in a portfolio of top food and beverage picks for 2013 chosen by analysts at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, as the profitability of beef operations continues to improve in Brazil.
Marfrig is a riskier pick, according to analysts Fernando Ferreira and Isabella Simonato, but has more to gain if new management can cut debt levels with asset sales. Recovering profitability of Marfrig's poultry unit could also boost shares.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food