STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil beef producers join BofA's top picks
Brazilian meatpackers Minerva SA and Marfrig Alimentos SA are in a portfolio of top food and beverage picks for 2013 chosen by analysts at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, as the profitability of beef operations continues to improve in Brazil.
Marfrig is a riskier pick, according to analysts Fernando Ferreira and Isabella Simonato, but has more to gain if new management can cut debt levels with asset sales. Recovering profitability of Marfrig's poultry unit could also boost shares.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter