STXNEWS LATAM-Embraer to revamp surveillance planes for Brazil Air Force
Brazilian planemaker Embraer SA said on Thursday it had signed a contract for about 430 million reais ($211 million)with Brazil's Air Force (FAB) to update radar and communications systems on five EMB 145 AEW&C aircraft.
FAB will also acquire six workstations for planning and mission analysis to be used for training. Embraer's recently acquired subsidiary Atech will contribute to the new command and control systems.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |