Somali militants say have executed French hostage
MOGADISHU Jan 17 (Reuters) - Somali militants linked to al al Qaeda said on Thursday they had executed a French agent who French armed forces had tried to rescue at the weekend.
The al Shabaab rebel group said on its Twitter account that Denis Allex, held hostage since 2009, had been killed at 16:30 GMT on Wednesday.
France has consistently said it believed Allex was killed in Saturday's failed rescue mission.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea