Thai AIS sees growth in Thai telecoms industry this year
BANGKOK Jan 17 (Reuters) - Advanced Info Service Pcl (AIS) , Thailand's largest mobile phone operator, said on Thursday the Thai telecoms industry would continue to grow in 2013 with demand for air time rising 7 percent, mostly from data services.
The industry's handset sales are expected to rise 15 percent, with more than 7 million smartphones and more than 1 million smart devices such as tablet PCs, said Vice-Chairman Somprasong Boonyachai.
AIS is partly owned by Singapore Telecommunications . (Reporting by Khettiya Jittapong)
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- UPDATE 7-U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State