Thai AIS sees growth in Thai telecoms industry this year
BANGKOK Jan 17 (Reuters) - Advanced Info Service Pcl (AIS) , Thailand's largest mobile phone operator, said on Thursday the Thai telecoms industry would continue to grow in 2013 with demand for air time rising 7 percent, mostly from data services.
The industry's handset sales are expected to rise 15 percent, with more than 7 million smartphones and more than 1 million smart devices such as tablet PCs, said Vice-Chairman Somprasong Boonyachai.
AIS is partly owned by Singapore Telecommunications . (Reporting by Khettiya Jittapong)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections