Japan Airlines to cancel Tokyo-San Diego flights after Dreamliner grounded
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan Airlines Co Ltd (9201.T) will cancel eight flights from January 19 to 25 on its Tokyo to San Diego route after the grounding of all Boeing 787 flights, affecting 1,290 passengers, the airline said on Thursday.
JAL also said it will switch aircraft for 70 flights that were scheduled to fly on Dreamliners, as JAL and All Nippon Airways Co Ltd (9202.T) scramble to cope with the grounding of Dreamliner passenger jets for investigations of battery problems that led to an emergency landing of an ANA flight on Wednesday. (Reporting by James Topham; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat