UnitedHealth says fourth quarter earnings rose
Jan 17 (Reuters) - UnitedHealth Group Inc, the largest U.S. health insurer, said on Thursday that fourth-quarter profit rose from a year earlier, exceeding the outlook it gave in November, and also backed its previous forecast for earnings and revenue growth in 2013.
The company said fourth quarter profit rose to $1.20 per share from $1.17 per share a year earlier. Revenue rose to $28.8 billion from $25.9 billion a year earlier.
Analysts had been expecting fourth quarter 2012 earnings of $1.19 per share and sales of $28.2 billion.
- Ferguson march muted, police officer disciplined over video |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. protests intercept of Navy jet by Chinese warplane