GS Yuasa falls after ANA says battery on 787 discolored
TOKYO (Reuters) - Shares of GS Yuasa Corp shed 5.9 percent to 302 yen on Thursday after All Nippon Airways Co Ltd said the main battery on the Boeing's 787 Dreamliner that made an emergency landing on Wednesday was discolored and there were signs of leakage.
ANA said the battery was located in the forward electrical equipment bay.
Toray Industries Inc, which supplies carbon fiber used in the Dreamliner's composites, dropped 2.8 percent to 496 yen.
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration said on Wednesday it would temporarily ground Boeing Co's 787s after a second incident involving battery failures caused one of the Dreamliner jets to make an emergency landing in Japan.
(Reporting by Dominic Lau)
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |