JTSB: Battery from ANA 787 flight blackened, carbonized on inside -Kyodo
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan Transport Safety Board said the battery onboard All Nippon Airways Co Ltd's Boeing 787 flight was blackened and carbonized on the inside, Kyodo News said on Thursday.
The JTSB inspector told reporters at Takamatsu Airport in western Japan, where the ANA flight made an emergency landing on Wednesday, that the battery had leaked oil and was five kg lighter than usual, Kyodo said.
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting
- Israel presses Gaza offensive, kills eight in air strike: officials |
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Ukraine threatens to retake territory from defiant rebels