France's Fabius says all EU states back its Mali actions
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - France has the support of all European Union governments for its military intervention in Mali, French foreign minister Laurent Fabius said on Thursday.
"All the European countries brought their solidarity to Mali, and all my colleagues without exception said they were supporting the French action," Fabius told reporters after an emergency meeting on the Mali crisis with his EU counterparts.
Earlier, EU ministers meeting in Brussels agreed to set up a training mission for Mali to help prepare government troops fighting Islamist rebels. (Reporting by Barbara Lewis; editing by Charlie Dunmore)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections