Nokia to cut over 1000 IT jobs
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Finnish mobile phone maker Nokia said it will cut over 1000 IT jobs, including 820 employees who will transfer to HCL Technologies and Tata Consultancy Services, as part of an already-announced restructuring.
It said 300 jobs will be cut altogether, and that most of the reductions would be in Finland.
The cuts are part of Nokia's plans to cut 10,000 jobs, including 3,700 in Finland.
(Reporting by Terhi Kinnunen)
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Afghanistan gives NYT reporter 24 hours to leave country
- Liberia police fire on protesters as West Africa's Ebola toll hits 1,350