Nokia to cut over 1000 IT jobs
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Finnish mobile phone maker Nokia said it will cut over 1000 IT jobs, including 820 employees who will transfer to HCL Technologies and Tata Consultancy Services, as part of an already-announced restructuring.
It said 300 jobs will be cut altogether, and that most of the reductions would be in Finland.
The cuts are part of Nokia's plans to cut 10,000 jobs, including 3,700 in Finland.
(Reporting by Terhi Kinnunen)
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more