Irishman held hostage in Algeria freed: Irish government
DUBLIN (Reuters) - An Irishman who was among a group of gas workers kidnapped in Algeria has been freed and is safe, Ireland's Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
"He has been in touch with his family. We understand that he is safe and well. He is no longer a hostage," a spokesman for the Foreign Ministry told Reuters. (Reporting by Padraic Halpin; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |