Sharp gains on report of TV tie-up talks with Lenovo
TOKYO (Reuters) - Shares of Sharp Corp rose 4.1 percent on Thursday after the Nikkei business daily reported it is in the final stages of talks with Lenovo Group Ltd to tie up in televisions in China.
Sharp will sell a LCD TV factory in China to Lenovo and the two firms will work together on development and sales, the Nikkei said.
(Reporting by Sophie Knight; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official