Xilinx profit falls 18 pct
Jan 17 (Reuters) - Programmable chipmaker Xilinx Inc reported an 18 percent drop in quarterly profit on lower sales in its older product lines.
Third-quarter net income fell to $103.6 million, or 38 cents per share, from $127 million, or 47 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue for the company, which makes programmable chips used in cars and industrial machinery, fell to $509.8 million from $511.1 million a year earlier.
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Gunmen kill U.S. teacher in Libya's Benghazi
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- U.S. fast-food workers walk off job, rally for higher minimum wage