Xilinx profit falls 18 pct
Jan 17 (Reuters) - Programmable chipmaker Xilinx Inc reported an 18 percent drop in quarterly profit on lower sales in its older product lines.
Third-quarter net income fell to $103.6 million, or 38 cents per share, from $127 million, or 47 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue for the company, which makes programmable chips used in cars and industrial machinery, fell to $509.8 million from $511.1 million a year earlier.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter