BNP Paribas to spend 1 bln eur on overhaul-union
PARIS Jan 18 (Reuters) - BNP Paribas, France's No. 1 bank, has told staff representatives it plans to invest 1 billion euros ($1.34 billion) in a far-reaching cost-savings plan, a union source told Reuters.
"The plan, called 'Simple & Efficient', will run through 2015," the source said. "Over 1 billion euros will be spent on planned changes that will potentially affect all of BNP's business lines." ($1 = 0.7486 euros) (Reporting by Lionel Laurent; Editing by Christian Plumb)
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC