BNP Paribas to spend 1 bln eur on overhaul-union
PARIS Jan 18 (Reuters) - BNP Paribas, France's No. 1 bank, has told staff representatives it plans to invest 1 billion euros ($1.34 billion) in a far-reaching cost-savings plan, a union source told Reuters.
"The plan, called 'Simple & Efficient', will run through 2015," the source said. "Over 1 billion euros will be spent on planned changes that will potentially affect all of BNP's business lines." ($1 = 0.7486 euros) (Reporting by Lionel Laurent; Editing by Christian Plumb)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter