RPT-Caterpillar says uncovers accounting misconduct at Siwei
Jan 18 (Reuters) - Caterpillar Inc on Friday said it had uncovered a "deliberate, multi-year, coordinated accounting misconduct" at a subsidiary of a Chinese company it recently acquired.
Caterpillar said it would take a charge of $580 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane