RPT-Caterpillar says uncovers accounting misconduct at Siwei
Jan 18 (Reuters) - Caterpillar Inc on Friday said it had uncovered a "deliberate, multi-year, coordinated accounting misconduct" at a subsidiary of a Chinese company it recently acquired.
Caterpillar said it would take a charge of $580 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |