China Dec power output up 7.6 pct on yr - statistics bureau
BEIJING Jan 18 (Reuters) - China's December electricity output grew 7.6 percent on a year earlier to 432.7 billion kilowatt hours, the National Statistical Bureau said on Friday.
Power consumption in China, the world's top energy user, is expected to grow more than 9 percent this year, quicker than the 5.5 percent in 2012, the State Electricity Regulatory Commission said on Thursday. (Reporting by Chen Aizhu; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East