Finland backs Dutch finance minister for Eurogroup chair
HELSINKI Jan 18 (Reuters) - Finland supports Dutch Finance Minister Jeroen Dijsselbloem's bid for the chairmanship of the group of euro zone finance ministers, according to a government document made available to reporters on Friday.
"Finland can support his appointment as the Eurogroup's new chair," the Finnish government document said.
The Eurogroup has played a key role in handling the zone's sovereign debt crisis. Dijsselbloem formally put himself forward for the role on Thursday. (Reporting by Terhi Kinnunen; Editing by Catherine Evans)
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park