Finland backs Dutch finance minister for Eurogroup chair
HELSINKI Jan 18 (Reuters) - Finland supports Dutch Finance Minister Jeroen Dijsselbloem's bid for the chairmanship of the group of euro zone finance ministers, according to a government document made available to reporters on Friday.
"Finland can support his appointment as the Eurogroup's new chair," the Finnish government document said.
The Eurogroup has played a key role in handling the zone's sovereign debt crisis. Dijsselbloem formally put himself forward for the role on Thursday. (Reporting by Terhi Kinnunen; Editing by Catherine Evans)
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |