Finland backs Dutch finance minister for Eurogroup chair
HELSINKI Jan 18 (Reuters) - Finland supports Dutch Finance Minister Jeroen Dijsselbloem's bid for the chairmanship of the group of euro zone finance ministers, according to a government document made available to reporters on Friday.
"Finland can support his appointment as the Eurogroup's new chair," the Finnish government document said.
The Eurogroup has played a key role in handling the zone's sovereign debt crisis. Dijsselbloem formally put himself forward for the role on Thursday. (Reporting by Terhi Kinnunen; Editing by Catherine Evans)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. courts deliver conflicting rulings on Obama health care law
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |