Finland backs Dutch finance minister for Eurogroup chair
HELSINKI Jan 18 (Reuters) - Finland supports Dutch Finance Minister Jeroen Dijsselbloem's bid for the chairmanship of the group of euro zone finance ministers, according to a government document made available to reporters on Friday.
"Finland can support his appointment as the Eurogroup's new chair," the Finnish government document said.
The Eurogroup has played a key role in handling the zone's sovereign debt crisis. Dijsselbloem formally put himself forward for the role on Thursday. (Reporting by Terhi Kinnunen; Editing by Catherine Evans)
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5