Germany's Schaeuble backs Dutch minister to head Eurogroup
BERLIN Jan 18 (Reuters) - German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble is an enthusiastic supporter of Dutch Finance Minister Jeroen Dijsselbloem's bid for the chairmanship of the Eurogroup of euro zone finance ministers, Schaeuble's spokeswoman said on Friday.
"Our minister has backed the Dutch candidate very positively since the start of the year. We're confident a joint decision will be reached on Monday," said spokeswoman Marianne Kothe.
Ministers are expect to decide on Monday who will replace outgoing chairman Jean-Claude Juncker. Kothe said she did not know of any candidates other than frontrunner Dijsselbloem.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data