Germany's Schaeuble backs Dutch minister to head Eurogroup
BERLIN Jan 18 (Reuters) - German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble is an enthusiastic supporter of Dutch Finance Minister Jeroen Dijsselbloem's bid for the chairmanship of the Eurogroup of euro zone finance ministers, Schaeuble's spokeswoman said on Friday.
"Our minister has backed the Dutch candidate very positively since the start of the year. We're confident a joint decision will be reached on Monday," said spokeswoman Marianne Kothe.
Ministers are expect to decide on Monday who will replace outgoing chairman Jean-Claude Juncker. Kothe said she did not know of any candidates other than frontrunner Dijsselbloem.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |