Fiat signs accord with Mazda to build new Alfa Romeo Spider
MILAN Jan 18 (Reuters) - Italian carmaker Fiat said on Friday it had signed a final agreement with Mazda Motor Corporation for the Japanese group to manufacture a two-door spider for its Alfa Romeo brand.
The car will be produced in Mazda's Hiroshima plant in Japan as of 2015, Fiat and Mazda said in a joint statement.
The statement follows a previous announcement made by the two companies in May last year.
(Reporting By Stephen Jewkes)
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Poroshenko to seek ceasefire after 'very tough' talks with Putin |
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Gaza ceasefire holding as focus turns to longer term |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers