RPT-India's ITC Q3 net profit up 21 pct, beats forecast
(Repeats to attach to corrected snap, no change to text)
MUMBAI Jan 18 (Reuters) - India's largest cigarette maker, ITC Ltd, posted a 21 percent jump in quarterly net profit on Friday, beating market expectations.
ITC, India's fourth most-valuable company at $41.1 billion, said its net profit rose to 20.5 billion rupees ($377.6 million)for the quarter ended Dec. 31, up from 17 billion rupees a year earlier.
Analysts had expected a 16.5 percent rise in earnings to 19.8 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
($1 = 54.29 Indian rupees)
(Reporting by Nandita Bose; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data