RPT-India's ITC Q3 net profit up 21 pct, beats forecast
(Repeats to attach to corrected snap, no change to text)
MUMBAI Jan 18 (Reuters) - India's largest cigarette maker, ITC Ltd, posted a 21 percent jump in quarterly net profit on Friday, beating market expectations.
ITC, India's fourth most-valuable company at $41.1 billion, said its net profit rose to 20.5 billion rupees ($377.6 million)for the quarter ended Dec. 31, up from 17 billion rupees a year earlier.
Analysts had expected a 16.5 percent rise in earnings to 19.8 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
($1 = 54.29 Indian rupees)
(Reporting by Nandita Bose; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study