Japan econmin: govt-BOJ joint statement moving in good direction
TOKYO Jan 18 (Reuters) - Japanese Economics Minister Akira Amari said on Friday that the government and the Bank of Japan was yet to reach a decision over a joint-statement regarding cooperation but that the process was moving in a good direction.
BOJ Governor Masaaki Shirakawa met Finance Minister Taro Aso and Amari on Friday to discuss a joint statement to be issued by the central bank and government.
"I think our talks were constructive," Amari said at a news conference.
Amari also said he is carefully considering whether to attend the next BOJ policy meeting next week.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated
- Ukraine opposition seeks million-strong rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel