Japan econmin: govt-BOJ joint statement moving in good direction
TOKYO Jan 18 (Reuters) - Japanese Economics Minister Akira Amari said on Friday that the government and the Bank of Japan was yet to reach a decision over a joint-statement regarding cooperation but that the process was moving in a good direction.
BOJ Governor Masaaki Shirakawa met Finance Minister Taro Aso and Amari on Friday to discuss a joint statement to be issued by the central bank and government.
"I think our talks were constructive," Amari said at a news conference.
Amari also said he is carefully considering whether to attend the next BOJ policy meeting next week.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |