EURO GOVT-Bund futures up as investors buy cheapened debt
LONDON Jan 18 (Reuters) - German Bund futures reversed early losses on Friday with some traders saying some investors were buying back into the market after Thursday's sharp sell-off.
The Bund future was last 10 ticks up on the day at 142.86, clambering from a low of 142.38 hit earlier.
"There's some buying...nothing really major...In the short-end there has been a lot of liquidation by macro-funds (yesterday) so if this comes back in the market today there will be some stabilisation," a trader said.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image