EURO GOVT-Bund futures up as investors buy cheapened debt
LONDON Jan 18 (Reuters) - German Bund futures reversed early losses on Friday with some traders saying some investors were buying back into the market after Thursday's sharp sell-off.
The Bund future was last 10 ticks up on the day at 142.86, clambering from a low of 142.38 hit earlier.
"There's some buying...nothing really major...In the short-end there has been a lot of liquidation by macro-funds (yesterday) so if this comes back in the market today there will be some stabilisation," a trader said.
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- Obama says does not yet have broad strategy for Islamic State