CANADA STOCKS-TSX rises at open, RIM leads broad gains
TORONTO, Jan 18 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index was higher shortly after the open on Friday, with Research In Motion Ltd shares leading broad gains after an analyst boosted its rating and price target on the company days ahead of the crucial launch of a new product line. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 37.40 points, or 0.30 percent, at 12,712.13. All but two of the index's main sectors were higher, with the technology group up 1.43 percent.
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?