CANADA STOCKS-TSX closes near 10-1/2-mo highs; banks, RIM lead gains
TORONTO, Jan 18 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index finished near 10-1/2-month highs on Friday, with financial stocks and Research in Motion Ltd shares leading the market higher. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 50.96 points, or 0.40 percent, 12,725.69. Nine of the index's 10 main sectors were in positive territory. The index has climbed about 1 percent for the week.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data