CANADA STOCKS-TSX closes near 10-1/2-mo highs; banks, RIM lead gains
TORONTO, Jan 18 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index finished near 10-1/2-month highs on Friday, with financial stocks and Research in Motion Ltd shares leading the market higher. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 50.96 points, or 0.40 percent, 12,725.69. Nine of the index's 10 main sectors were in positive territory. The index has climbed about 1 percent for the week.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data