Nikkei soars as yen weakens on hopes for aggressive easing
TOKYO, Jan 18 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose sharply on Friday as exporters gained after a fall in the yen on expectations that the central bank will ease monetary policy aggressively next week. The Nikkei rose 1.7 percent to 10,794.53, and the Topix added 1.5 percent to 903.93.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins