Nikkei soars as yen weakens on hopes for aggressive easing
TOKYO, Jan 18 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose sharply on Friday as exporters gained after a fall in the yen on expectations that the central bank will ease monetary policy aggressively next week. The Nikkei rose 1.7 percent to 10,794.53, and the Topix added 1.5 percent to 903.93.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill