Nikkei soars as yen weakens on hopes for aggressive easing
TOKYO, Jan 18 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose sharply on Friday as exporters gained after a fall in the yen on expectations that the central bank will ease monetary policy aggressively next week. The Nikkei rose 1.7 percent to 10,794.53, and the Topix added 1.5 percent to 903.93.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data