Seoul shares rise as strong U.S. data lifts risk appetites
SEOUL Jan 18 (Reuters) - South Korean shares rose on Friday, tracking gains on Wall Street after better-than-expected U.S. economic data lifted appetire for risk.
Tech heavyweight Samsung Electronics Co Ltd rose 0.8 percent in early trading, snapping a 3-session loss.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was up 0.7 percent at 1,988.14 points at 0001 GMT. (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Richard Pullin)
- Search planes find no sign of missing airliner at spot located by China |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Vietnam search fruitless at site where China satellite detected suspected plane debris - witness