US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St closes at multi-year highs on earnings
NEW YORK Jan 18 (Reuters) - The Dow and S&P 500 closed at five-year highs on Friday as the market registered a third straight week gains on a solid start to the earnings season.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 53.83 points, or 0.40 percent, at 13,649.85. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 5.01 points, or 0.34 percent, at 1,485.95. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.30 points, or 0.04 percent, at 3,134.71.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill