DBRS starts coverage of Monte Paschi with BBB rating
MILAN Jan 18 (Reuters) - Rating agency DBRS has started coverage of Italy's third biggest lender, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena, with a BBB rating, the lender said on Friday.
The outlook is negative.
The agency said that despite Monte dei Paschi's sound national network and a solid turnaround plan being implemented by its management, the rating reflected significant difficulties due to "poor earnings, weak asset quality and a challenged capital and funding profile."
(Reporting By Silvia Aloisi)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated
- Ukraine opposition seeks million-strong rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel