BRIEF-Morgan Stanley CEO: Firm cut risk-weighted assets quickly
Jan 18 (Reuters) - Morgan Stanley : * CEO Gorman: We reduced risk-weighted assets faster than planned * CEO James Gorman speaks to analysts * Gorman: May revisit profit target for wealth management at
mid-year * CFO Ruth Porat: Still committed to boosting bond trading market share by 2 percentage points * CFO: Fewer trading days, other factors may bring down pretax margin in wealth management * CFO: 17 pct pretax margin in wealth business may not be sustainable in 1st quarter * CEO: Firm can get to 10 pct return on equity without improved market conditions * CEO: Firm 'working aggressively' to drive higher returns
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'