Morgan Stanley says commodity results "declined meaningfully"
NEW YORK Jan 18 (Reuters) - Morgan Stanley said its commodity results fell in the fourth quarter from a year earlier, and trading risks for the sector were also lower.
"Commodities results declined meaningfully in a challenging market," the bank said.
Morgan Stanley's Value-at-Risk (VaR) in commodities stood at $22 million in the fourth quarter, unchanged from the previous three months but down from $26 million in the 2011 fourth quarter.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'