Morgan Stanley posts fourth-quarter profit
Jan 18 (Reuters) - Morgan Stanley reported a fourth-quarter profit, driven by higher revenue at its institutional securities business.
The investment bank reported income from continuing operations of $573 million, or 28 cents per share, compared with a loss of $222 million, or 13 cents per share, a year earlier.
Analysts had expected the company to earn 27 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |