Morgan Stanley posts fourth-quarter profit
Jan 18 (Reuters) - Morgan Stanley reported a fourth-quarter profit, driven by higher revenue at its institutional securities business.
The investment bank reported income from continuing operations of $573 million, or 28 cents per share, compared with a loss of $222 million, or 13 cents per share, a year earlier.
Analysts had expected the company to earn 27 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data