Morgan Stanley posts fourth-quarter profit
Jan 18 (Reuters) - Morgan Stanley reported a fourth-quarter profit, driven by higher revenue at its institutional securities business.
The investment bank reported income from continuing operations of $573 million, or 28 cents per share, compared with a loss of $222 million, or 13 cents per share, a year earlier.
Analysts had expected the company to earn 27 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- U.S. to Assad: Beware of interfering with U.S. air power in Syria
- Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, knocks out power to most area
- Iran supreme leader spurns U.S. overture to fight Islamic State |
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage