Morgan Stanley posts fourth-quarter profit
Jan 18 (Reuters) - Morgan Stanley reported a fourth-quarter profit, driven by higher revenue at its institutional securities business.
The investment bank reported income from continuing operations of $573 million, or 28 cents per share, compared with a loss of $222 million, or 13 cents per share, a year earlier.
Analysts had expected the company to earn 27 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Gunmen kill U.S. teacher in Libya's Benghazi
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- U.S. fast-food workers walk off job, rally for higher minimum wage
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |