Renault pledges return to sales growth in 2013
PARIS Jan 18 (Reuters) - Renault pledged a return to sales growth in 2013 after its vehicle deliveries fell 6.3 percent globally last year and almost three times as fast in Europe.
The French automaker, which this week announced plans to cut 7,500 domestic jobs over four years, said sales fell to 2.55 million vehicles last year, weighed down by an 18 percent plunge in Europe.
The company said it nonetheless aims to increase global sales volumes in 2013, as emerging-market growth continues to outpace demand in Europe.
The French carmaker said it sees a further 3 percent market contraction in its home region this year, compared with a 3 percent expansion globally. (Reporting by Gilles Guillaume)
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to peacemaker Mandela |
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers