S.Africa's Eskom withdraws objections to Glencore-Xstrata
JOHANNESBURG Jan 18 (Reuters) - South African power utility Eskom said on Friday it has withdrawn its objections to the takeover of miner Xstrata by commodities trader Glencore .
Eskom said it had agreed with Glencore a framework that will guide their discussions on coal supply and ensure the utility's concerns about getting sufficient product at the right price are addressed.
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Nine-month-old baby may have been cured of HIV, U.S. scientists say
- Exclusive: Russia wants IMF to move ahead on reforms without U.S. - sources