S.Africa's Eskom withdraws objections to Glencore-Xstrata
JOHANNESBURG Jan 18 (Reuters) - South African power utility Eskom said on Friday it has withdrawn its objections to the takeover of miner Xstrata by commodities trader Glencore .
Eskom said it had agreed with Glencore a framework that will guide their discussions on coal supply and ensure the utility's concerns about getting sufficient product at the right price are addressed.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |