S.Africa's Eskom withdraws objections to Glencore-Xstrata
JOHANNESBURG Jan 18 (Reuters) - South African power utility Eskom said on Friday it has withdrawn its objections to the takeover of miner Xstrata by commodities trader Glencore .
Eskom said it had agreed with Glencore a framework that will guide their discussions on coal supply and ensure the utility's concerns about getting sufficient product at the right price are addressed.
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- China's Guangdong province removes over 850 'naked officials' from their posts