France had no heads-up on Algerian army assault -source
PARIS Jan 18 (Reuters) - The French government was given no advance warning of Thursday's assault by the Algerian military on militants holding dozens of hostages at a desert gas facility in Algeria, a senior government source said.
Asked whether the government had been given a heads-up, the source said: "No. We learned the same way you did what happened."
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |