CORRECTED-State Street 4th-qtr profit up 26 pct, beats estimates
(changes headline and first paragraph to show State Street beat estimates)
Jan 18 (Reuters) - State Street Corp said on Friday fourth-quarter profit b eat Wall Street estimates, rising 26 percent on a big boost from investment management fees.
Net income was $468 million, or $1.00 a share, compared with $371 million, or 76 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
On an operating basis, State Street earned $521 million, or $1.11 a share. A nalysts, on average, had been expecting State Street to earn $1.00 a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting By Tim McLaughlin; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |