CORRECTED-State Street 4th-qtr profit up 26 pct, beats estimates
(changes headline and first paragraph to show State Street beat estimates)
Jan 18 (Reuters) - State Street Corp said on Friday fourth-quarter profit b eat Wall Street estimates, rising 26 percent on a big boost from investment management fees.
Net income was $468 million, or $1.00 a share, compared with $371 million, or 76 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
On an operating basis, State Street earned $521 million, or $1.11 a share. A nalysts, on average, had been expecting State Street to earn $1.00 a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting By Tim McLaughlin; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- No criminal charges in fatal gun range shooting by nine-year-old girl
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Chinese interceptions of U.S. military planes could intensify due to submarine base