One more In Amenas employee brought to safety -Statoil
OSLO Jan 18 (Reuters) - Norwegian oil and gas firm Statoil said on Friday that one additional employee at the gas facility in In Amenas, Algeria, had been brought to safety.
It added that the situation for the remaining eight employees at In Amenas remained uncertain.
Statoil has evacuated 40 staff from its Algerian installations after gunmen held hostage 12 of the firm's employees on Wednesday.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria