One more In Amenas employee brought to safety -Statoil
OSLO Jan 18 (Reuters) - Norwegian oil and gas firm Statoil said on Friday that one additional employee at the gas facility in In Amenas, Algeria, had been brought to safety.
It added that the situation for the remaining eight employees at In Amenas remained uncertain.
Statoil has evacuated 40 staff from its Algerian installations after gunmen held hostage 12 of the firm's employees on Wednesday.
- Hong Kong police use pepper spray to disperse pro-democracy protesters |
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles
- Putin calls for talks on east Ukraine 'statehood'; rebels fire on ship |
- Pakistani protesters push closer to PM house, force TV off the air |
- Israel claims West Bank land for possible settlement use, draws U.S. rebuke