One more In Amenas employee brought to safety -Statoil
OSLO Jan 18 (Reuters) - Norwegian oil and gas firm Statoil said on Friday that one additional employee at the gas facility in In Amenas, Algeria, had been brought to safety.
It added that the situation for the remaining eight employees at In Amenas remained uncertain.
Statoil has evacuated 40 staff from its Algerian installations after gunmen held hostage 12 of the firm's employees on Wednesday.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet