CORRECTED-Turkish 2012 automotive sales down 10 pct
(Corrects sales to production in 2nd para)
ISTANBUL Jan 18 (Reuters) - Turkish automotive sales fell 10 percent to 818,000 units in 2012 and exports dropped 8 percent to 730,000 units in the same period, the Automotive Manufacturers Association said on Friday.
Production was expected to be more than one million units in 2013 and the tax hikes would affect the sector negatively in the first quarter of this year, said Kudret Onen, the chairman of the association. (Reporting by Seda Sezer)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?