Suns part ways with head coach Gentry
(Reuters) - The Phoenix Suns have "mutually agreed to part ways" with head coach Alvin Gentry, ending his nearly four years in charge, the NBA team said on Friday.
The Suns are 13-28 in the Western Conference midway through the regular season campaign.
Gentry took over as interim head coach in February 2009 and was handed the role on a permanent basis from May that year.
The team said an interim replacement for Gentry would be announced within 48 hours.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port