Suns part ways with head coach Gentry
(Reuters) - The Phoenix Suns have "mutually agreed to part ways" with head coach Alvin Gentry, ending his nearly four years in charge, the NBA team said on Friday.
The Suns are 13-28 in the Western Conference midway through the regular season campaign.
Gentry took over as interim head coach in February 2009 and was handed the role on a permanent basis from May that year.
The team said an interim replacement for Gentry would be announced within 48 hours.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria