About 60 foreigners still missing in Algeria siege
ALGIERS (Reuters) - About 60 foreigners are still held hostage or missing at the besieged Algerian gas plant where Islamist militants fought Algerian troops who stormed the desert facility, a local source told Reuters on Friday.
It was unclear how many of those 60 foreigners were still being held directly under guard by the gunmen and how many might be in hiding in the sprawling compound. It was also not known whether some might have been killed and the bodies not found.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat