Mitsubishi Corp to launch $197 million takeover bid for Yonekyu
TOKYO (Reuters) - Trading firm Mitsubishi Corp (8058.T) said on Friday that it will launch a takeover bid for Japanese meat processor Yonekyu Corp (2290.T) in a deal worth up to 17.6 billion yen ($197 million).
Mitsubishi Corp will offer 950 yen for each Yonekyu share to take control of the firm.
($1 = 89.4100 Japanese yen)
(Reporting by Shinichi Saoshiro; Editing by Richard Pullin)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’